To apply for a second year of funding on a FRAXA Grant or Fellowship, please provide:
- Report on progress during the first year
We encourage you to submit publications or manuscripts based on the work, if available.
- First year budget report: actual expenditures to date
- Detailed work plan for the second year and
- Second year budget request
- Updated lab budget including other sources of funding for this project and related work
In your progress report, address the following specific questions:
- Please refer to the goals stated in your original proposal. What progress has been made toward these original goals? Have any goals (or parts thereof) been altered or abandoned, and why? Have you obtained unexpected results apart from your original goals?
- Describe any technical obstacles encountered in pursuit of your research goals. Can these be overcome within the constraints of the current grant? If not, what could FRAXA Research Foundation do in the future to facilitate this type of research?
- How will your results enhance future prospects for treatment of fragile X? How do you plan to follow up on these results to further enhance potential treatment for fragile X?
- In what ways have you communicated your findings to other researchers (ie presentations/publications)? Are you planning any collaborations with other scientists based on you current findings? Have you shared any of the reagents involved in this work with others in the field; if not, are you willing to do so?
- FRAXA grants are designed to jump-start promising new projects so that they will be competitive for other sources of funding such as the National Institutes of Health. Have you applied to other funding sources for support? If not, do you expect to apply to other funding sources in the near future? Please supply details.