As we near the end of 2015, we are busier than ever in our collaborations with pharmaceutical and biotech companies, large and small. FRAXA does much beyond funding research grants and fellowships. More and more these days, our work focuses on translating all that research we’ve funded since 1994 into treatments that will help our kids.
Last week, a long-time supporter asked: “how many companies is FRAXA working with right now, on Fragile X treatments?” We counted 18! Certainly there are more as well.
Here are a few snapshots from this rapidly evolving scene:
- Neuren has finished its trial of trofinetide (NNZ-2566) and is analyzing the data. Results are expected to be announced in December:
- In spite of mixed results in its first Fragile X trials of metadoxine, Alcobra has reaffirmed its commitment to further Fragile X trials and has received Fast-Track designation from the FDA:www.alcobra-pharma.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=932364
- AMO Pharma, founded by FRAXA Scientific Advisor, Dr. Mike Snape, has raised $25 million in private equity financing to develop treatments for myotonic dystrophy and Fragile X Syndrome:
- Sentinel Oncology announces their recent £943,160 (over $1.4 million) award from Innovate UK for the development of a new drug to treat Fragile X Syndrome:
These news tidbits are from just a few of the pharmaceutical companies pursuing Fragile X treatment development programs with FRAXA Research Foundation.
- Neuren’s trofinetide successful in Phase 2 clinical trial in Fragile X12/07/2015
- 18 Pharma Companies Working on Fragile X Syndrome11/26/2015
- Boston Bruins Raffle for Fragile X Research11/23/2015
- CRISPR – Does it hold promise for Treatment of Fragile X Syndrome?10/05/2015
- FRAXADev – Developing BK Channel Openers for Fragile X Syndrome09/21/2015